Monday, December 17, 2007

Stupid Marketing Phrases

I've been writing about copy lately because most business copy SUCKS...and it's always fun to point out others' shortcomings. I just can't help myself.

I ran across this sentence today....

"Our experience and dedication to excellence is hard to match as we strive to best align our business strategies with your business objectives" [sic on the lack of a period]

Can someone translate that for me? I got lost at "hard to match."

Here's a great one:

"We specialize in everything from..."

This is just funny. How can you specialize in everything? Yet Google tells me there are 43,500 businesses that do just that! Incredible.

I wish I could specialize in everything. It would help me get around this particular problem I've had for years...it's just that I know a little about a whole lot of things and a whole lot of nothing!

No comments: