Friday, January 4, 2008

Marketing Strategy Vs. Tactics



The tactician says...

  • "I need to get more leads."
  • "Sales is a numbers game, people!"
  • "Let's buy the biggest ad in the yellow pages so people will call us instead of our competitors."
  • "Let's put an ad on Craig's List."
  • "We need to cut our prices to stay competitive."
  • "What's the latest marketing technique?"
  • "What's the cheapest way to get leads?"
The strategist asks...

  • "How can I differentiate myself from my competition so people will choose me instead of my competition...even if my prices are higher?"
  • "How can I increase my lead-to-sale conversion rate?"
  • "How can I increase the value of each customer/client so I don't have to chase down new leads all the time?"
  • "How can I get people to chase me instead of the other way around?"
  • "How can I make sure that my customers/clients stay with me for as long as possible?"
  • "How can I afford to outspend my competitors on acquiring new customers/clients?"
No wonder it's the strategist who always wins!

No comments: