Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Biz-Op Ad Critique

I decided to flip through some biz-op magazines at Barnes & Noble this weekend. Not because I'm interested in any business opportunities. (My business keeps me plenty busy, so please no MLM pitches!)

But because I'm fascinated with that market. I talked about hype in my last post. And the biz-op market is full of it.

But the great thing about this market is that there is a very high level of awareness of direct response marketing. Which is right up my alley.

I chose an ad in 'Small Business Opportunities' to critique on this blog. In fact, I'll be doing this from time to time in the future, so be sure and stay tuned.

This ad certainly isn't the worst of the ads I saw. In fact, it was one of the better ones... both in terms of scaled-down hype. And in terms of using proven principles of direct response.

But there are certainly many things that can be improved to maximize its response rate.

Take a look...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A. The vid doesn't load for me (IE7, XP)

B. Why do you have so many websites?

?

alan